Welcome back to another ReCOVERy Friday - a meme hosted by Miss Page-Turner's City of Books. Obviously I've had a busy week working my way towards the halfway point of NaNoWriMo (more on that this weekend) but I wanted to jump in again with this fun artwork based meme.
This is how it works:
- Think of a book cover you like (e.g. because of its cover art, model, author, title etc.) Doesn’t matter if it’s an old or new one, you just have to enjoy it!
- Create a ReCOVERy Friday post for your blog and post it with the whole wonderful weekend ahead
- Maybe add some sentences and explain why you like the cover…
- Then add your ReCOVERy Friday post to the link list on Miss Page Turner's site so everyone can enjoy it
- Check out other ReCOVERy Friday posts if you like to compare them, chat about them, get inspiration and just have fun!
The book I want to spotlight this week is one that I'm really excited to read, although it won't be released until January of 2011. Check out this cover for Deborah Rodriguez's A Cup of Friendship.
Like Deborah Rodriquez's first book, Kabul Beauty School, this one takes place in Afghanistan an I think the cover does a nice job of conveying that. What has me even more intrigued by this book though, is the very small subtitle - "A Novel". Kabul Beauty School was a nonfiction memoir of Rodriguez's life as an American hairdresser living in the Afghanistan but in her newest book she tackles a fiction story. I'm really intrigued to read this one as I felt that Rodriquez had a great voice in relating the life stories of her friends in Kabul and I'm curious to check out an entire book in her narrative style.
Do you have a favorite cover of the week? What do you think about A Cup of Friendship based on cover alone?