This is how it works:
- Think of a book cover you like (e.g. because of its cover art, model, author, title etc.) Doesn’t matter if it’s an old or new one, you just have to enjoy it!
- Create a ReCOVERy Friday post for your blog and post it with the whole wonderful weekend ahead
- Maybe add some sentences and explain why you like the cover…
- Then add your ReCOVERy Friday post to the link list on Miss Page Turner's site so everyone can enjoy it
- Check out other ReCOVERy Friday posts if you like to compare them, chat about them, get inspiration and just have fun!
The cover I want to spotlight is a book that I just finished reading and will be reviewing next month as part of The Bookish Type's Fall Into Fantasy event. You'll have to wait to read my thoughts on this novel, but for now take a peek at the cover of Sophie Jordan's Firelight.
As much as I keep telling myself not to be influenced by cover art, I know this one caught my eye in the bookstore long before I really decided I wanted to read it. I know I've got a weak spot for red headed heroines (let's hear it for the gingers!) and the slitted pupil plus creepy skin thing going on piqued my interest. If not for this cover, I may not have looked deeper to find out that this book was going to be a different take on dragon mythology that definitely sounded like something I would enjoy. And, as weird as this may seem, I also really like the font. It's a small detail, sure, but I like the wispy letters with combined with the sharp hooks, and the dots on the "i"s even look like little flames - definitely adds to the dragon and fire theme. Does this cover catch your eye? What do or don't you like about it?