1. R.A. Salvatore is my favorite author. I think that counts as a random fact because I've yet to blog about one of his books.
2. I am a research scientist in the field of pediatric oncology. I don't know why I picked such a challenging and frustrating career, but I really hope one day I can look back at the progress we've made and say that it was all worth it.
3. I'm the opposite of a picky eater. I'll try anything once, and with the exception of super spicy foods and onions (which don't agree with me) there's very little that I don't eat.
4. If time and money were no object, I would take some serious vacations. Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Italy, Ireland, England, Scotland, and Peru are all countries I'd love to visit. (I'd also love to travel more across the US and really want to visit more National Parks - especially Yosemite, Yellowstone, Denali, Glacier, and the Grand Canyon.)
5. I come from a pretty big family and my siblings, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents are some of my very favorite people to hang out with. They're all really fun, interesting, and entertaining and our gatherings - big or small - are almost always marked by boisterous laughter.
6. I'm a collector and along with massive amounts of books, I collect stamps, spoons, Cubs bobbleheads, and stuffed monkeys (the plush kind, not the taxidermy kind - creepy!).
7. I'm planning a new blog feature for next month: Series in September, where I plan to make progress on all the series that I'm in the middle of. I haven't announced it before now, so if you're reading this, you heard it here first! And if you're a blogger that wants to join me in the venture, let me know and we can team up and enjoy our progress together!
And now for the new recipients of The Versatile Blogger Award! (Officially the award says pick fifteen, but I'd rather make this a little more special by picking fewer winners. And don't feel that you have to pass it on, you're more than welcome just to sit back and know that someone out there thinks your blog is pretty darn cool!)
The Reading Journey is my next selection. Great reviews mark lots of blogs around here, but something that really makes The Reading Journey stand out to me is the visuals and specifically the photography that's often featured there.
I also want to pass this award to Nouns and Violets. This is another blog that first caught my eye by title alone (so much so that I had to inquire about the title's origin - it's from a T.S. Eliot poem), and blogger Melissa's posts are full of wit and interesting anecdotes about life and pop culture - definitely versatile blogging.
Congratulations to all of you and thanks again to Zee's Worldly Obsessions! You all make the world of blogging an immensely enjoyable experience!